D.O. ID Help

Steve D

Came across this dutch oven. Any idea mfg? And while I am at it this little pot i have had for over 40 years, use it for nut and bolt storage. Not sure of it's original use.
It's dificult to read but bottom of DO has 12 at 12 o'clock, under that DO, under that made in USA. At 6 o'clock a D and under that a 2.

I would assume DO is for dutch oven and the D and 2 are makers mark.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• do.jpg
    do.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 40
  • do1.jpg
    do1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 36
  • pot.jpg
    pot.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 43
The dutch oven is a lodge. If you go to the homepage and look through the section marked identifying unmarked iron you can see pictures of Lodges like yours. I am pretty sure the grid of bumps on the lid means it is a lodge.

I came across a small, gate marked pot just like the one you have there. It didn't have a hole drilled in it, but it did have some lead splatter- someone used it to melt lead probably for making bullets. The hole on the side makes me wonder if perhaps it is the bottom half of a double boiler? Does the hole seem to be cast into the pieces or drilled out after casting?

I came across a small, gate marked pot just like the one you have there. It didn't have a hole drilled in it, but it did have some lead splatter- someone used it to melt lead probably for making bullets. The hole on the side makes me wonder if perhaps it is the bottom half of a double boiler? Does the hole seem to be cast into the pieces or drilled out after casting?

The hole doesn't seem to have any drill marks.

The little pot reminded me a lot of the Marietta glue pots. You can see some for sale HERE. they had an outer pot, inner pot and lid with a notch (so the brush could stick out) for heating glue.

The little pot reminded me a lot of the Marietta glue pots. You can see some for sale HERE. they had an outer pot, inner pot and lid with a notch (so the brush could stick out) for heating glue.

Does resemble those pots. This was sitting in a garbage can. I found it on my way home from High School about 1968.:tongue:

Does resemble those pots. This was sitting in a garbage can. I found it on my way home from High School about 1968.:tongue:

Wow, you guys around here really are old.... :tongue: I'm in my early 40's and feel like I already have one foot in the grave.

I started pretty seriously collecting when I was about 16-17. First it was old cameras, I had a VERY respectable collection by 19 or so. From there it was, vintage coin operated vending & trade stimulator machines (They're expensive), then Vintage electric desk fans from the turn of the century until about the 1930's. Probably have around 75 fans. Didn't collect anything for about 25 years, now this..

Now I remember what it's like to try to find a place for everything... :(

Back