Vollrath 10 (85) Dutch Oven

MikeC

I came across this in my travels and had to have it. I normally shy away from enameled pieces but this one was in really nice shape. The bottom has factory enameling smudged, for lack of a better term, across. I've looked at other examples and handled enough porcelain lights to know this is fired on at the factory.

I don't necessarily collect Vollrath but it sure is nice and useful should I need a pot like this around the holidays!

https://imgur.com/gallery/p45j9uJ

I know I could overlook the small problem with the bottom. I kinda like enamel Not sure why.....but this one is in great shape....I woulda snagged it up too.

I have a marked vollrath skillet with the light blue outside and white inside and bare iron bottom... and it also has some sloppy 'smeared' looking material on the bottom.

but I agree... you don't often see the vollrath dutch ovens marked like this... the 65, 45 etc... and I don't think I've ever seen one with enamel like this... wow. that's a pretty special piece.

Thanks!

I took some time to look around and find some pictures of enameled Vollrath and found that many have "smeared" bottoms. I think their quality control was subpar. This is most certainly factory enameling.

The 85 rather than "No. 10" is unique. I think many people overlook that, so good eye!

Back