BSR Griddle

Jay E.

I found this unmarked griddle today at a local antique shop. I don't really think it's an amazing find, and I probably paid more than I should have, but it appeared to have a remnant of the original label (suggesting it had never been used)... and that made me want to take it home. I felt the need to help it realize its potential.

I assume it's a BSR... which is highly likely in my area... but if anyone can tell me otherwise, please share your thoughts. It's obviously post 1960 (MADE IN USA), but does anyone know if it would be considered part of the Century line of cookware? Also, does anyone have a guess at what the original label siad when it was complete? The little bit that's left just says, "Mor.. cas... cookwa..."
I'm assuming "cast iron cookware"... but the "Mor__" part has left me wondering.

Check out pics:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/100941803054389854755/albums/6107026947208850817

I can't help you with the label but I do have a pre 1960 version of that griddle and I use it every day. I have always thought it is BSR but I have no proof. Mine is fairly heavy but it heats evenly and cooks better that my thinner, lighter and older ones.

Thanks for the info, JMoss. I thought it looked like a good user, and I didn't have a griddle. What do you cook on yours?

Mainly omelets and tortillas. Occasionally I'll use it for bacon but that gets pretty messy with no sides to catch the splatter

Thanks, guys! I had both omelettes and pancakes in mind, so I'm glad to hear it should work well for those. I'm still curious about that label, but it's long gone now. I'm working on seasoning to get ready for breakfast by Saturday. ;)

Back