Wagner Cost?

Curtis Weeks

I came across a Wagner yesterday in a local Amish Shop. It was priced at 25 bucks, just wondering if I should or is that too much. I have no idea I'm new at this.

Being a Wagner alone doesn't always translate to value. It could be overpriced or the bargain of the century, depending on what the piece is, its condition, and during what part of Wagner history it was made. Collectors all have their "rookie mistake" stories, so you need to know exactly what it is you're looking at before spending the money.

My advice is to delve into the info on this site......youll learn all you need to know basically.

I agree with SeanD... lots here that will help you identify what might be of value or not. For example included in the "Non-Collectible Cast Iron Cookware" section are three Wagners.

the other rookie mistakes to try to avoid are buying everything you see at first... watch for the hairline cracks, learn to tell when a rusted piece will be pitted when its cleaned up and when it won't. be able to identify most of the usual suspects even when the markings are covered in crud. know the 'rare' and 'hard to find' sizes and pieces in the different brands and time periods. and just immerse yourself in the different selling places where you can see the selling prices (ebay, auctions, online auctions...) so you'll have a better idea of the baseline values of different pieces.

Back