What’s the Age?

I cleaned up this unmarked Wagner hammered iron Dutch oven for an elderly friend of mine. I’m having a little trouble finding the dates on it. It was her mothers and she is just interested in knowing a little bit more about it. I’m coming up with nothing as far as dating it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/HIvL6I9

In the reference books I use it dates it in the 1940's but it also says there should be a number 8 on the base if in fact it is a number 8.

In the reference books I use it dates it in the 1940's but it also says there should be a number 8 on the base if in fact it is a number 8.

Yes, it has an 8 stamped on the bottom. Thanks. I could find where they introduced the hammered aluminum in the 40’s, but nothing mentioning the iron.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Not sure on the age, maybe the 50s? Its in really good shape tho.

It has a few pits in the cooking surface, but nothing major. The elderly woman I restored this and 5 other pieces for told me they are mine when she is gone. Her kids don’t care about any of her stuff and she wants me to have it because she knows I’ll cherish it. She is absolutely right

Back