Gem pan ID help

Ty L.

Hi everyone!

I picked this up earlier today and I haven't been able to figure out who made it or how old it is. I figured the 1's on the bottom rotated 45 degrees would be unique enough to easily figure out who made it but so far I haven't found anything. There are no markings on the bottom other than the two number 1's. Nothing in the Red Book or on Google. I also tried looking through older ID help threads on this site but no luck there either. This pan has me stumped.

Anyone know who made this pan and when?

Thanks!

Attachments

• gem1.JPG
    gem1.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 33
  • gem2.JPG
    gem2.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 31
Markings and design are not distinctive enough to attribute to a particular known maker. 6 and 12 cup turk's head pans were widely copied.

I only know of having cornbread and little cakes made in them. could actually cook anything you wanted too them cakes, muffins, biscuits, etc.

Last edited:
I have a very similar Turk head gem pan. No markings. This site has a pretty good gallery of them on file so you might be able to match up by checking there.

I remember as a wee lad having corn bread made in a turkshead with cane syrup over top.

As these are fancy, I suspect they were used for making sweet things like muffins and corn cakes. Things one could pour a syrup over or break and butter. They would lend themselves to batter recipes, but not dough recipes or popover recipes.

Hilditch

Back