Un Marked Square Pan

Picked up a square pan. looks old thin wall casting. The only marking is a letter R at the root of the handle on the bottom. Will get some pictures when it is out of the tank.

Here is the picture. The pan is about 9 inches square. It is a thin wall casting. I expected it to say Wagner under the crud. I think I have seen this font R on other Wagner's.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 26
Just a guess, but it may be an Import.....not sure...I have a newer Lodge, and its different, but as for old Lodge, Im of no help.

I think it is from around the 50's 0r 60's, but I am not too sure. I have owned a few and the older ones seem to be smoother in my experience. I don't think it is an import, but I have been wrong before.

Gentlemen, I would think it is a older Lodge. I have several older Lodge square pans and several more that are grill pans. These lack the modern Lodge trade mark so I know they are older. I say Lodge because I have never seen a square pan that was not a Lodge. Might be a different manufacture but if so it would be really rare and unknown, so probably Lodge.

Need a pic of entire bottom including handle. Also what is top width, top length including handle and overall depth?

Doug Here is the picture. The pan is 14 inches total length. The pan measures 9 5/8 inches square at the top of the sides.. The inside depth is 1 5/8 inches. The wall thickness is just under 1/8 inch. As you can see from the bottom picture I can see no other markings beside the ones on the handle. I was hoping it would say Wagner, Griswold or Lodge when all the crud was gone.

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 20
The Lodge 8SQSK had a couple of handle versions, and one looks visually identical to this pan, marked with an 8 at 12 o'clock and the SQSK directly below, along with pattern ID letter at 6 o'clock. Later versions with Made In USA at center have a different handle. Lodge, however, was not known to make completely unmarked pans, and if marking conventions of other Lodge pans hold true, one would expect if this were Lodge for it to at least have the 8 at 12 o'clock. There are a few in eBay completed listings currently that are completely unmarked and look like this one, but none are purported to be Lodge.

On ebay I found at least 2 that were identical down to the "R" on the handle. The antique name items had different casting patterns .

Back