What is Largest Griswold Dutch Oven?

Mike_M

I was trying to find something that listed all dutch oven sizes griswold made but couldn't find. Have seen sizes up to 14 with self basting lid. Is this the larges they made?

BB and RB don't list or mention anything other than #6 - #13 in regular round dutch ovens.

I would just add that some of the oval roasters also had the words 'dutch oven' on their lid... and I believe the #9 oval roaster was the largest size.

Thanks, I'm in the market for a large griswold Dutch oven. Want to get the largest round one they made. Which top is preferred, I've noticed 2 types?

at various times they made plain lids (with no basting drippers) and slant lids (only marked on the inside of the lid), raised letter marked lids (these tend to be the most popular with collectors, because of all the writing), then later they made the small logo which were sometimes 'ez clean' or enamel inside.
I don't think the big 13 dutch ovens were made either very early or very late... mainly in the 1920's and 30's .

Is a griswold #10 considered a rare at all and would the be a large one? I know the dims but just can't quite picture it.

Back