Probably best cast iron finds in a Goodwill to date

GTurner

I just came out of a Goodwill with a Griswold #7 EPU and a Lodge no notch #5 for $5 each. I almost didn't go in.

Everything appears to be flat and crack free, but they have to be cleaned up. I can't wait to place them in my lye bath.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Correction: it's a 1 notch Lodge. Top notch had crud in it.

Good finds! My wife works for Goodwill, I love it......ya never know what they will have.Ive found an cast iron oval roaster, skillets, and glass lids.

I have found a few that were.....my local stores always have like 20 different glass lids....you just have to know what to look for....they are only about 2 or 3 bucks

I have had zero luck at Goodwill. It seems to me that most of the iron gets pulled and put on their auction site. :frown:

More pictures. I'm doing at least 3 seasonings on the Lodge and maybe 5 on the Griswold, depends on how it looks.
IMG_20190223_085148-1012x464.jpgIMG_20190223_085211-464x1012.jpg

Very nice find, same here for me last week I was stunned I picked up a ERIE #8 E with an anchor also I was able to pick up a #8 I think it’s a BSR Dutch oven with a lid I will need help identifying that one so you know I was happy as can be. I am having trouble loading the pictures I will send them later...

I have to amend my previous post. I just came across a #4 single notch Lodge at one of the local Goodwill stores.

Back