I'll Be Dog-Gone "Home"

MDFraley

Had to go to town this morning so I did my usual stops at the local thrift store and Goodwill. Found the yellow Descoware Fish Pan (FE 3) at the thrift shop for $4.99. It's in excellent condition and appears to have never been used.
The second find was at the Goodwill store which I rarely find anything these days but luck would have it that I spotted a cast iron pan and when I turned it over I was excited to see it was one of the first wildlife series by Lodge of the "Hunting Dog". From everything I have read they are extremely hard to come by and after checking the sold listings on eBay I can see why (over $200 for three that I checked). My investment for this one was $13.00 so that dog came home with me. Only had a few light rust areas and no signs it was ever cooked in. Great way to start out December!!!!!!
https://imgur.com/rIrDUvn

Nice find. I have pretty much stopped even checking at my local Goodwill store. Never any cast iron. I think they put it all on their eBay store.

Nice find. I have pretty much stopped even checking at my local Goodwill store. Never any cast iron. I think they put it all on their eBay store.

Know exactly what you mean. The main reason I stop at the one by me is because it's about 100 yards from the grocery store. Not sure how the Lodge pan made it thru their sorting people unless they thought it was an Asian pan or perhaps it didn't come up when they Googled it.

Back