Made first foods in first restored CI

Martin_I

Got the CI I purchased from the yard sale all cleaned up and seasoned. I browned ground beef in one skillet just to help the seasoning along but haven't actually cooked anything major in it, last night decided to make skillet corn bread in it and the corn bread came out lovely!

Then my griddle pan I decided, what better meal to make in that first than a nice top sirloin? One of the best steaks I've ever made indoors hands down.
Image Image

I looked at a #9 Wagner skillet grill on the wall at an antique store on three different occasions, and passed on the "$45 firm" price. When I finally decided to just go ahead and get it, it was gone.

That steak sure looks good. How do you like your grill pan? I found a newer neglected Lodge and cleaned up the rust, then stripped the factory seasoning off and started fresh. I've used it a number of times and I like how it cooks. The downside is it's a pain in the rear to clean. But it's getting better with more uses.

That steak sure looks good. How do you like your grill pan? I found a newer neglected Lodge and cleaned up the rust, then stripped the factory seasoning off and started fresh. I've used it a number of times and I like how it cooks. The downside is it's a pain in the rear to clean. But it's getting better with more uses.

Dittos on this. We get a lot of use out of ours during the winter to make burgers. It does make quite a mess out of the stove.

Made first foods in first restored CI

And looks like you worked up a nice dinner, many more to come.

Wagner also made a smaller skillet grill c/n 1126. 9" dia. I do not think your meat would fit in it.:eek:

Martin I,
What size is that griddle? I have the 9" Wagner but I have never run across a larger one by Wagner.

Jack

I wonder also? It seems to hold the meat up so the majority does not get well seared, for more of that great flavor.

Hilditch

What's the purpose behind using a grill skillet vs a normal skillet. The grill marks?

I had used mine for thick cut bacon wrapped pork fillets, would sear and put in the oven to finish. The Burgers on it are very good but I haven't used it enough to give you all a better review. It was a yard sale pick up $3 I thought if I didn't care for it id pass it along.

Back