Recent DO Find.

Bill W

Went to one of the local resale shops on Friday. Happened to catch the owner unloading some goodies from the back of his truck. A large CI pot caught my eye, but it was rusted really bad. Bad enough that parts of the rim were missing. I could see that the inside of the pot was enameled white, and when I took a closer look, I found a smaller DO inside.

It's missing it's lid, but other than that, it appears to have a lot going for it. It's light weight, has a gate mark, smoke ring, spout, good bail wire, and it's not rusted bad, at all. Has what appears to be a number 5 or 6 on top of it's handle, and maybe an embossed Y on the bottom? It's just over five inches tall, and measures approximately 10 1/4" across it's rim.

I'm hoping that it will clean up to be pretty nice. Any information on it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Bill

Pics. - https://imgur.com/a/ENeIIK2

Last edited:
wow that's an unusual one... the style of the heat ring and bottom with the maker's mark and the raised size would make me think early Lodge... but the enamel interior and the style of bail attachment doesn't seem to fit.. if you find any solid details on this one be sure and post them.

wow that's an unusual one... the style of the heat ring and bottom with the maker's mark and the raised size would make me think early Lodge... but the enamel interior and the style of bail attachment doesn't seem to fit.. if you find any solid details on this one be sure and post them.
Not sure if this one is enameled? Is that the coloring that I am seeing on the inside? I was thinking that it's paint, but maybe not?? The larger pot that this one was found in, is enameled. It's a little hard to tell with this one.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Looks Marietta,check e bay for references,
Thanks, Edgar. Will do.

Marietta I've seen have slightly different pour spout, handle attachments, and assist tab shape.

Big disappointment. The lye bath has exposed a hole in the bottom of the pot that is about half the size of a pencil eraser .....

Can't believe that I didn't notice the hole. It must have been filled with rust or seasoning. Oh well. It was a good learning experience. :cry:

I see a lot of people using jb welding and then use non gloss paint,and they says no way I use last week for cooking,some other people use clay and add some oil to make it looks like carbon,
PD take a flash light with you ,remember you are HUNTING, lol

I see a lot of people using jb welding and then use non gloss paint,and they says no way I use last week for cooking,some other people use clay and add some oil to make it looks like carbon,
PD take a flash light with you ,remember you are HUNTING, lol

I always forget the flashlight.

Back