Can't find washing soda.

RCBrown

I can't find washing soda in my area so I was wondering if Calgon water softener powder would do the same thing? I also want to make a steel cage to circle the interior of the tank I am making. Would stainless steel work better?
Thanks

It may be sold for the same purpose as the Arm & Hammer, but the Calgon does not contain sodium carbonate.

Ace Hardware is the place for me!

Isn't that their tagline. "Ace is the Place." ?

I've also looked for washing soda, and have never found it.

==========

Side note: Doug recommends Dawn Power Dissolver for cleaning aluminum. Looked everywhere, really. I was about to buy from Amazon (Using Doug's affiliate link of course!) and spend anywhere between $32 and $71 for a spray bottle full. Found it at Smart & Final for $6+ after looking for a second time. Worked wonders on the old aluminum, hammered finish, Wagner dutch oven my Mother passed onto me. Thanks Doug! :icon_thumbsup:

I find it in a local Kroger store on the laundry aisle, down by the washer additives, like Borax and softeners. I don't know what stores are in your area or how far you have to go if you live in a rural area. I haven't looked in Wally Mart--I try not to go in there unless absolutely necessary.

Back