Hello!

K_Leonard

Just joined the site this morning. I cook quite a bit with cast iron skillets and pans and purchased my first cast iron skillet back when I was in college 30 years ago. Over the years I've acquired various pieces and have enjoyed cooking with them. I've also restored a few over the years with one being a 14" dutch oven at my in-laws ranch in deep South Texas. I'm working on restoring a few other pieces that have been neglected and find it satisfying to breath new life into them. What led me to this sight was my sister-in-law's pan. She acquired it from an estate sale a few years ago. She was talking about how bad it looked and I said I could help her with that. Took on the project and cleaned it up. She loves it and has used it 3 times in the past week. I think she has a very old piece and that's what led me to this site; researching it. Come to find out, it has a gate mark, fire ring, and what appears to be a very faint Griswold stamp on that back. I'm going to find a thread to post pics and get input from a forum.

Wasn't sure where to go with this question, but I'm unable to view images that have the "imgur" link to them. It goes to the website but no images pop up; just a blank black wall. How do I get the links to work?

I got onto a forum discussing imgur issues and figured out it might be because i was using Internet Explorer. I downloaded Microsoft's Edge and that seems to have fixed the problem. Chrome is supposed to work as well.

Back