Strange Skillet Apparatus?

Casey S.

Can anyone here tell me what this torture device looking thing on the egg skillet is for? Just curious. I am sure it has a purpose other than to punish cooks that break the yolk while cooking.

I hope this isnt offensive, but looks like a welded together piece of "art". Im not sure, but Id say its unique at least.

No offense taken. I have a literal brain most of the time. Never occurred to me that it could be art. I never cared for art classes growing up. Those thingys on that skillet are skis. Haha! Thanks for clearing that up.

It's a sculptor's rendition of a ski...llet. How's that for literal?

See<< literal. never occurred to me that someone might refer to it as a SKI-llet. Art is lost on me. I figured someone made it for the skiing and cast iron cooking lover friend/relative, but they messed up a nice, old skillet. The asking price is $250.00 on eBay. Gonna use some "to be" verbs here: I am not, was not, or will be interested in buying it. I was just curious about what the heck it all was.

Just today I saw on an auction site an Erie spider meat press, lol....it was well made, but not for me.

Back