Silverish Cast Iron Pan

Michelle B

I have three pans (#4,6,8) of what I believe is part of the Iron Mountain series. What confuses me is that the #4 and 6 look like normal cast iron but the #8 is a more silver color in places as if it may have been painted. They all have been soaked in a lye bath so I would think that would remove some paint but it did not budge. I have some pictures of the 4 next to the 8 for color comparison. Any thoughts on why the difference?

IMG_20210810_073255573.jpg IMG_20210810_073245437.jpg IMG_20210810_073234452.jpg

There are plated Iron Mountain pieces, though infrequently seen. The rather sharp delineation in color on the inner sidewall is characteristic of plated pieces whose usage has worn the plating from the cooking surfaces. Being an economy line, it doesn't appear that any outer surfaces were prepped for or polished to a mirror finish like the regular line.

Looks plated but well worn.....the triangle under the handle of the one looks really shiny? Maybe its just the pic.

Plated...I didn't know that was a thing. It did resist rusting much better than the others before seasoning I have been working on. Here are a few more pictures.

Pan1.jpg

Pan2.jpg

Back