BSR #8 Made It Through Electrolysis

good job. electrolysis sounds complicated but once you do it a few times it will become second nature.

Thanks guys.....it wasn't that difficult, after all, much to my pleasure ! :-D

IMG_0621.jpg

Last edited:
Great job NickN. I have a BSR #8 too! One of my late grandmothers gave it to me 35+ years ago, They are thick and heavy compared to some other brands. I recently acquired a #9 Martin and it is thick and heavy like a BSR. BSR is a underrated brand by collectors, in my opinion.

A pic of my #8 BSR > https://goo.gl/photos/45eC13zbSogdL9iz7

Great job NickN. I have a BSR #8 too! One of my late grandmothers gave it to me 35+ years ago, They are thick and heavy compared to some other brands. I recently acquired a #9 Martin and it is thick and heavy like a BSR. BSR is a underrated brand by collectors, in my opinion.

A pic of my #8 BSR > https://goo.gl/photos/45eC13zbSogdL9iz7

Hey, great looking skillet there, Ed. Mine is in the oven right now, as I type, with a load of roasting veggies. It belonged to my Mom, and was probably purchased back in the very late 40's, or more likely, the 50's. I'm really glad I took the time to completely restore it. It was really gunked up, but the electrolysis has brought it back to life. :-D

Hey, great looking skillet there, Ed. Mine is in the oven right now, as I type, with a load of roasting veggies. It belonged to my Mom, and was probably purchased back in the very late 40's, or more likely, the 50's. I'm really glad I took the time to completely restore it. It was really gunked up, but the electrolysis has brought it back to life. :-D

My understanding of the markings on that one date its manufacture as being in the mid '60s.

Thanks. I use my BSR on steaks mostly. I'm thinking about building an etank. I use the lye tank. Anyway, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding of the markings on that one date its manufacture as being in the mid '60s.

Hey Eric, Thanks for the reminder. You are indeed correct on that being from the '60's. I had another another skillet in mind, when I made that comment. Thanks for keeping us straight !

Back