Aluminum Lodge Info Please,,,,,,,,,,

M Garner

ImageImage
i need some info. i found this #14 aluminum 3 notch lodge. it it unusual? i have never saw one. they want 60.00 bucks for it. any help is apprecheated,,,,,,,,,,,

Lodge didn't make aluminum pieces. Makers who did make aluminum skillets made them with wooden handles because of the metal's high heat conductivity. Interesting that it doesn't appear to be bottom gated, as such copies are frequently seen.

lodge might not have made aluminum ones but this one is and it is a dead ringer for a 3 notch lodge, it has the notches. i have never seen one either that is why i am asking. i hope somebody knows. thanks for the answer,,,,,,,,,,,

Aluminum is a far easier metal to work with than iron, which requires a tremendous amount of heat energy to melt. Aluminum can be melted down using equipment available at a hardware or outdoor store. Therefore, this pan could have been made as an experiment by an individual or perhaps a shop class learning about metal casting. Being that no legitimate manufacturer of cast aluminum ware would have made a skillet with a cast handle, and considering the notable casting flaws in the heat ring near the handle, those are the best assumptions as to its origins. It also could have been made any time after the Lodge skillet it was copied from was sold. Left exposed to the elements, such a pan made even last year could also end up looking weathered and old. I saw a large Wagner pie logo skillet recast in aluminum years ago at an antique mall. In addition to several casting flaws (that Wagner would never have tolerated even if they had made such a pan), it had an outrageous price on it. It sat there for years before finally disappearing. Hopefully, the buyer didn't pay the tag price.

Never seen a Lodge aluminum product. Wagner made aluminum ware. I can not see even heat distribution in a #14 skillet.

Back