Is My New Pan a Fake???

Gina A

HI all, so glad I found this forum. Bought a pan last week and when I hold it up to the light it looks orange, or bronze-ish, or brown. Anyway, it ain't black. Which is concerning to me. Now I think I may have bought a fake. What do you think???? I tried to take enough photos so you can see it's not black.

its also got some defects or indentations on bottom of pan where logo is

Attachments

• IMG_8145.jpg
    IMG_8145.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_8144.jpg
    IMG_8144.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_8143.jpg
    IMG_8143.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 182
Fakes are usually far sloppier. Those minor sags on the bottom are not unusual for a Griswold of this era. Also note the "GRISWOLD'S ERIE" ghost from the pattern's original markings. Clean bare iron is grey, not black. Manual seasoning which has little carbon content tends to look bronze; it will darken with use and additional seasoning from cooking.

I agree with Doug. Youll be fine after cooking with it for awhile.....and a #11....I'm jealous!

HI all, so glad I found this forum. Bought a pan last week and when I hold it up to the light it looks orange, or bronze-ish, or brown. Anyway, it ain't black. Which is concerning to me. Now I think I may have bought a fake. What do you think???? I tried to take enough photos so you can see it's not black.

its also got some defects or indentations on bottom of pan where logo is

If you think is a fake, I'll take it off your hands lol. Great find. IYDM, what did it cost you?

I've been watching eBay myself hoping I find a good one that isn't run up too high. Nice skillets like that sure are spendy aren't they!

Back