Cast Iron Collector Forums

Cast Iron Collector Forums (http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Cast Iron (http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   CI Displayed In Your Kitchen? Got a Pic? (http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2248)

Sharon Shuman 10-24-2016 07:44 AM

Re: CI Displayed In Your Kitchen? Got a Pic?

Thanks to all of you for sharing the pics of your displays! The Filley pans are especially impressive. I've only found one of them, and I am happy to have it. Not much St. Louis CI in this area, and we don't travel. It is really nice to see the excellent collections shown in these posts! Hope all are doing well and finding lots of "good stuff"!

John N 11-22-2016 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got tired of all my pans laying unorganized in a cabinet, and after seeing the pics on this post, it inspired me to get going on a permanent solution. Thanks C.T. moffitt for the idea. I thought I would share a picture of how it turned out. My daily users are still in the cabinet next to my stove, but at least they are organized now that I hung these up.
Attachment 3823

John N 11-22-2016 12:03 PM

Wow, I have no idea why my picture posted sideways.

SpurgeonH 11-22-2016 12:32 PM

John, I never thought of hanging them sideways. That's cool. ;)

I picked up a nice, clean wooden pallet last weekend. Im hoping to have time to stain it and hang it on the wall this weekend. I'm not going to hang the whole pallet, just the slats.

John N 11-22-2016 04:31 PM

I think that would look awesome spurgeonh! On my pic, I have no clue why it went sideways. When I uploaded it for the post it was straight. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven C 11-22-2016 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
spurgeon, you just lit up the light bulb in my head ding ding ding. The thought of a pallet used to display is art in motion. It got me thinking about a future display using a 1/2 inch plywood with old fence panel cut In diagonal on top of plywood.

For those not familiar with the look I'll add a pic. I only saw this panel when I moved south. They throw out and replace all the time here. Just to put out a idea for those with a chop saw.

Nichole M 11-22-2016 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, so many nice ideas! My storage solution is kinda boring but I live in a limited space, so I did what worked. I wanted to be able to see them.

John N 11-22-2016 09:09 PM

Nichole, that Dutch Oven looks brand new! Is that a griswold?

Nichole M 11-22-2016 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by John N (Post 28166)
Nichole, that Dutch Oven looks brand new! Is that a griswold?

Yes. It is a slant logo Griswold. My grandfather got it from his mother. It's been in the family quite some time.

John N 11-22-2016 11:36 PM

Wow, that is gorgeous and a ton of sentimental value!