Darn You Guys!

KMDoty

Ya know, I stumbled on this place looking for info on restoring and reseasoning my existing cast iron pans, that's all. They look great, cooking is great, and I now know how old and what kind most of them are.

Except....I'd really like a #3 that doesn't have a big rough spot with lots of pitting right in the middle of the cooking surface, it's just the right size for 2 eggs but they will always stick. And since I have a #6, a #8 and a #12, maybe I should get a #10 just to fill in the gap. And why did I never know of the existence of corn stick pans? I love cornbread!

See what you've done? I'm gonna have to get more cast iron! I'm vowing to stick to identifiable older Wagner pans just to keep from buying too much, unless a really nice Griswold falls into my lap...<sigh>

Kathy

Stay strong Kathy. I said the same thing. Now I collect Wagner, Lodge and Griswold plus Gems pans. You can do it though, You can resist.;)
Kyle
O Yeah, I forgot to mention the waffle irons, ohhhh the waffle irons.

I feel your pain Kathy. I'm in the same boat. Maybe a visit to a CI therapist might help. Second thought.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking for advice; JUST SAY NO. If you’re looking for encouragement; you won’t be able to surpass Spurgeon, so go for it. He has already transferred enough cast iron to Marietta to make the world wobble since last summer.

Hilditch

Hahaha! You might want to be a little more selective than I am. I use the "shotgun" approach instead of the "rifle" approach. The "rifleman" hunts for CI with a focused approach, are selective, and have a narrow target. Us "shotgunners" buy everything and hope that one of them is a hit. HA!

Kathy I started out wanting to just replace a well loved skillet that bit the dust, handle finally fell off. And decided to try a vintage CI skillet. Found two at a yard sale a # 7&8 for $12. I found this site did some research and cleaned them up.

Then I seen the neat other cast and now on hunt for a CI bunt pan to add to the few others pieces that somehow multiplied:) after two years just the other day I decided on a brand and time frame of a set I would like to put together for use and move some of the others on to someone else.

I can't speak for everyone on this site but it would be difficult to find a member that says you only need one skillet. Shush I think they are all enablers here, be careful what post you click on, you might see something you can't live without.

Steve,

Back