Griswold Popover Pans

Most of the Griswold gem pans are seen in several variations, values dependent on the rarity of each. Those would be the later for #10/949 popover, which had 2 variations. $10 is a good price.

Most of the Griswold gem pans are seen in several variations, values dependent on the rarity of each. Those would be the later for #10/949 popover, which had 2 variations. $10 is a good price.
I can see that I'm going to have to order the Red Book. I do see a 949 (without the "C" designation) on page 107 of the 5th Edition Blue Book, but that pan has cutouts between the cups.

I'm guessing that the $60 eBay price I saw was somebody dreaming, but saw some $30 offers that I'm guessing might be more realistic?

Gonna have to dig up a popover recipe now!

[Edit: I just noticed that the Blue Book pan is dated "circa 1050s" :icon_rofl:]

You'll need the "yellow book" for Griswold gem & muffin pans and all their variations.

Hi, Dan. I think that you did well on your purchase. Not a yard sale price, but in my area it would be a very fair one at a retail shop or flea market. These pans you just got look really nice and clean too. Baking in this style of pan is fun. I use mine for corn bread muffins and wheat flour dinner rolls, but many other goodies can be made in them. Hope you have fun with yours too!

Back