spider

1. J

Spider 1840 - 1860 Handle Repair or Not

It is not always the big picture that tells you a story, it could be the little picture that is the story by it's self. I needed a fix for my iron addiction so I went on a hunt. But I am at a cross roads is it a Repair or just Unique way of attaching the handle with extra support during the...
  2. F

Gate Mark Spider

Hey there everyone! I'm new to this group and fairly new to cast iron though I've been cooking with it for some time. A collection landed in my lap through a family home that was passed to me. The home, built in 1720, held everything under the sun. Like nothing was ever thrown out. It was just...
  3. A

Spider ID

Well, I am starting out on this site as I am sure many have. I recently acquired a gated spider that is unmarked, except for a raised #2 underneath the handle. The handle does not have a hole in it and is flat. The CI is relatively thin. I do not have exact measurements, but the skillet is...
  4. F

Great Great Great Grandmother's Spider Skillet Info

While a new member, I have lurked for years. My 92 year old mother recently gave me gatemarked "D" legged spider skillets belonging to her grandmother and great grandmother. She didn't know much about them other than her great grandmother got married circa 1860-1865 which may be approximately...
Back