aluminum

1. W

Griswold Heart Star #50 Should I Restore It???

I just picked this Heart Star up last weekend and now I am not sure if I should have it fully restored or just leave it as is... I only cleaned it with hot water and soap. Do you think the value go up fully restored and what exactly kind of finish is a fully restored Heart Star? Polished? What...
  2. B

Wagner Ware Double Stack Roaster?

Hello CIC folks, I've been away for a while but have come back to share this unusual item I found. It's an early cast aluminum Round Roaster top and bottom marked 248 with a middle section that has a false bottom. I'm curious what the correct name, intended use, and approximate value of this...
  3. B

An "Erie" old mysterious kettle...

Hello friends. I found this odd gate marked cast aluminum kettle today at the flea market for $3. I have scoured the web but can't seem to find so much as a picture of anything quite like it. Only marking is the ERIE on the lid. Inside has about 1/4" of lime scaling it it, at first I thought...
  4. L

Wagner Lard Spade Before and After

I'd initially been calling this a Lard Ladle but looking the the Red Book Page 98 but I see is a Lard Spade. Before and after pictures. Doug, thanks for the helpful instructions on the aluminum restoration page! http://www.castironcollector.com/aluminum.php I probably could have started with...
  5. L

Griswold Aluminum Hammered 3 Quart Sauce Pan A2143 and Lid A2143C

I sure seem to be coming across some nice aluminum pieces. Found this today although I haven't bought. Thinking about it though. Heck of a price on it. Physically it looks great although it could use a good cleaning. The knob for the lid and the handle don't look they can be removed which would...
  6. B

Identify - cast aluminum chicken cake mold

I have a cast aluminum (I think) cake mold shaped like a chicken. It is similar to the Griswold lambs and bunnies in style, in two pieces. It is marked with what looks like a crescent moon or stylized D followed by the number 12. Then there is a capital A in a circle, with faint A to the...
  7. L

Griswold Griswold Aluminum Maslin Kettle 8 Quart A-458

Went back an got it since it was quite inexpensive. NOT the same as the one on Red Book page 155. Is this as uncommon? It will likely be years before I find an A458C lid for it. Came with a strainer/double boiler/deep fryer/thing that fits it perfectly. So that's a plus I guess...
  8. L

Early Wagner #3 Oval Roaster

Couldn't pass this up even though I have been shying away from aluminum. In particular, I think Doug D. will likely be interested in it. There are no examples that I saw in the RB or BB. Has anyone seen one with these handles? When did Wagner start making aluminum products, about 1900? My best...
Back