bsr

1. A

Please help identify! Pt 1

I recently inherited some cast iron pieces (both in dire need of a good cleaning, which will happen soon) and would like help in identifying. I'm leaning toward BSR but but the handle where it attaches to the pot part on item is throwing me and on the lid, on either side of the lid handle...
  2. N

BSR Red Mountain?

I found this for $5 at a garage sale. I've got it out of the lye bath and done with the first round of seasoning. There is something on it that won't seem to come off. I was wondering if this might be a Red Mountain? Any thoughts?
  3. N

Need Help with Identification

Hey there! I'm pretty new to the world of cast iron cookware (got my first Lodge 10.25" skillet only last year), but last week I finally couldn't resist any longer and tried my luck in an auction for an old cast iron skillet on eBay; turns out I was the only bidder for $5 + shipping... From...
  4. M

Info for Enameled BSR?

Anyone have some info on this BSR Red Mountain Series enameled cook wear? I've acquired 3 pieces. Size 8 & 5 skillets & a 7 stick cornbread piece. Any links to websites, or a link to a good Birmingham Stove & Range (BSR) thread would be much appreciated. Also, this is my first post on this...
  5. R

I did good this week too! (Photo & another story..)

This is my haul from last Sunday's flea market, and a couple thrift stores this week. Flea Market Within' about 5 minutes of getting to the flea market I already had a No.8 & 5 skillet in my backpack. Within 30 minutes I had those plus the large square skillet, and on the way out I had all...
  6. J

BSR Griddle

I found this unmarked griddle today at a local antique shop. I don't really think it's an amazing find, and I probably paid more than I should have, but it appeared to have a remnant of the original label (suggesting it had never been used)... and that made me want to take it home. I felt the...
  7. D

BSR Chef Skillet..???

I saw an interesting chef skillet in a neighboring town yesterday . Sorry I didn't take pic, but marking at 6 o'clock was 10 CHEF , maybe a dash in between, but definatley had ridge on underside of handle like BSR, and solid heat ring. If anyone knows anything about a possible BSR chef...
Back