kettle

1. J

Water Kettle IA Sheppard & Co.

I am trying to determine the date of this kettle. The markings on top are IA Sheppard & Co Phila. On the bottom is 4QT - it's hard to see in the picture. It weighs about 7.3 pounds. If my online research is correct, the Philadelphia plant was in operation from 1860 to 1914 and water kettles...
  2. K

Very Small Griswold Kettle

Hiya Folks, Found a Griswold Kettle which is the smallest I have seen. This kettle is about 3-1/4" tall with the lid, 4-1/8" diameter at the base and with spout about 6" long. My questions are: 1. Is this a Griswold or some knock off? The letter "S" looks out of alignment with other letters in...
  3. E

P&B Kettle Thoughts

Another new member here looking to find some additional information on a Phillips & Buttorff kettle I picked up. The P&G ID was found on the bottom of the kettle and there are no manufacturer markings on the lid which I typically see with other P&G kettles. The interior and exterior finish...
  4. J

Need Info on a Wapak Kettle with Brass/bronze Plating??

I purchased a Wapak kettle at the flea market. The bottom and inside are cast iron, but the outside of the kettle appears to be plated with brass/bronze, etc. I know Wapak used some nickel plating, but this doesn't appear to be nickel (however, I may be very wrong). Any information is...
  5. B

Found a Griswold's Erie No. 7 Kettle

GRISWOLD'S ERIE 810 no. 7 flat-bottom kettle. Found this last week at a garage sale for $4. It was covered in rust and crud. Sure is beautiful now! I think (please correct me if I'm wrong) it's a block letter griswold's erie from 1905 / 1906 ... 810 no. 7 flat-bottom kettle with an inset heat...
  6. J

Hello & Question/Help

Hello - have maybe 10 Griswold pieces that I have used and loved for 40 years and in my family who knows how long before that. I recently came across this little "Griswold" kettle, about 4" tall. It's so perfect that I'm guessing it is a reproduction? Can anyone tell me what it is? Some...
  7. G

Rare piece amx??

Hi. I'm a new member to the site!! I recently purchased 4 pieces of early cast iron. I'm not able to identify the maker of one piece. I've attached a pic of the four pieces and the piece I'm wondering about is the one on the left...covered kettle. I can make out what I believe to be the...
  8. F

Kettle Identification

I found a nice old cast iron kettle at a yard sale last week. It is 10" round and 6 1/2" deep with a flat bottom. The only identification mark is a star in the center of the bottom which is about 3/4" across. Can anyone help me with identifying the manufacturer? Thanks
  9. B

An "Erie" old mysterious kettle...

Hello friends. I found this odd gate marked cast aluminum kettle today at the flea market for $3. I have scoured the web but can't seem to find so much as a picture of anything quite like it. Only marking is the ERIE on the lid. Inside has about 1/4" of lime scaling it it, at first I thought...
Back