skillet

1. R

Help Identifying Larger Skillet

Hello, everyone! New here... Great site! Wow! Lend a hand with identifying my most recent auction find? A large, round skillet with two tab/ear handles... 16" across the cooking surface, 18" rim-to-rim, and 20" handle-to-handle... Sharp edges... And heavy! Has an unusual texture on all...
  2. D

Any ideas?

I inherited this skillet when my mom passed a few years ago. I remember her cooking bacon and eggs, fried chicken, and fish in it (I use it only for cornbread). I know it once belonged to my great grandmother, and it has been passed down through the years. I've searched for information online...
  3. J

Hey guys thanks for the welcome … I need some help with a piece of Wagner Ware

This piece has the number 1079A on it. I really picked it up because it has a wooden handle. I looked and looked online and found nothing. I am interested in any info u got and a idea of value please. It is 11" Thanks a lot
  4. L

Favorite Skillet Cracked. Please Help with ID.

I've had this skillet for many years which I got from my grandmother, who herself used it for many, many years. It's really the perfect skillet. It's very light, thin walled, and cornbread gets perfectly crispy in it just like my grandma's. Other skillets just don't do the job like this one. I...
  5. G

Ever Hear of NAFCO?

Hi just wondering if anyone knows anything about NAFCO skillets? I recently came across a #10 and trying to find out a little about it seems to be a company from Newfoundland Canada but before they joined Canada and were their own country not much info online none on eBay seems they made wood...
  6. J

Help ID Unmarked Skillets?

I found these two skillets at a garage sale today with hard to identify markings. I think the 9-inch is a Wagner. The other (~10 3/8 inch) is practically bare. I looked at some guides but they are only really helpful for pans with clearer markings. https://photos.app.goo.gl/DN8mg83wKFuMxJ2q1...
  7. G

#12 Skillet ID Help

I am a long time lurker and learner on this forum and site, and this may be my 1st post? But I haven't been able to find out anything on this on my own. If anyone can help me ID this it would be greatly appreciated. I have looked all over the net for any info on this and cannot find a thing. I...
  8. N

No-knead Pan Pizza (1st Attempt)

Just made my very first no-knead pan pizza(s), and I can tell you, it was a success! :glutton: http://i.imgur.com/HZdVLTT.jpg If you want to try it yourself, here's the article (with recipe)...
  9. E

Number 10 Gate Mark Cast Iron Pan

Hello! I'd love some help identifying this pan. It has no information about the manufacturer. There is a gate mark, a heat ring, and a raised number 10 on the handle. I bought this at an antique store for $20. The inside of the pan is smooth, though there are some scratches. The outside and...
  10. M

Asking for help with a suspected early T & C Clark's piece

Hi, I'm asking for help from anyone who may know something about a particular skillet I have that I suspect may be one of the first in an enameled line. Here's what I know so far...it's made by T & C Clark which later became T & C Clark & Co and I suspect it's mfg date between 1839-1860 due...
  11. R

Help with a few unmarked pieces?

My unmarked skills are not as sharp as I would like to believe. Having trouble identifying some skillets. The pieces in question: (1) Bottom - Top Will probably never know on this one.. (2) Bottom - Top This one either.. (3) Bottom - Top Unmarked Vollrath?? No sideways number...
  12. R

Finally, Another one from my home state of California.

A while back I picked up an American Brass & Iron chicken fryer & lid. Combined they probably weigh 50lbs. Was not impressed with the casting, & really not impressed by the weight being as I had to lug it all the way out of the flea market with a few other pieces. You can see it HERE if you...
  13. C

Help with a Martin Griddle Please

I was very lucky to purchase a Martin #10 griddle at a local flea market, however I am unable to locate any information on this particular piece. I am able to find the Martin #9. Does anyone out there have any information they can share with me? I also have a very heavy 15 5/8 CI skillet...
  14. R

Another Holy Grail piece checked off the list.

Paid way more than I should have. Am now on a self imposed restriction from buying. (Unless the price is amazing) Much heavier than I imagined it would be, and the handle it actually more comfortable than it looks. Also picked up another Sidney Hollowware piece the other day. My quest for a...
  15. A

What is it?

Hi everyone, I just acquired my very first cast iron skillets. They came as an unmatched pair, and while I can identify one, the other is unmarked aside from a number 7 on the bottom, and I haven't been able to find anything about it online. It needs to be restored a bit, but that should be a...
Back