gate mark

1. G

CI ID and time range? Lodge, Wagner, Griswold, unmarked

Hello! I’m new to the details of vintage cast iron but love cooking on it. I found several pieces at an antique store and decided to take a plunge. Going to strip and re-season all of these. Does anyone have any ideas on how to ID these pans? What era of these companies are these pans from...
  2. F

Gate Mark Spider

Hey there everyone! I'm new to this group and fairly new to cast iron though I've been cooking with it for some time. A collection landed in my lap through a family home that was passed to me. The home, built in 1720, held everything under the sun. Like nothing was ever thrown out. It was just...
  3. L

Favorite Skillet Cracked. Please Help with ID.

I've had this skillet for many years which I got from my grandmother, who herself used it for many, many years. It's really the perfect skillet. It's very light, thin walled, and cornbread gets perfectly crispy in it just like my grandma's. Other skillets just don't do the job like this one. I...
  4. W

Help Identify Gate Mark Embossed Lid NM or WN??

Does anyone know who the manufacturer would be for this lid? I looked on Google and Yahoo images but couldn't find anything that matched. Marked NM or WN?? Not sure which way it was supposed to read. Lid is about 8 1/2" across and weighs almost 3 pounds. Thanks for any info.
  5. E

Number 10 Gate Mark Cast Iron Pan

Hello! I'd love some help identifying this pan. It has no information about the manufacturer. There is a gate mark, a heat ring, and a raised number 10 on the handle. I bought this at an antique store for $20. The inside of the pan is smooth, though there are some scratches. The outside and...
Back