cast iron

1. B

O'Brien & O'Brien 3 1/2" deep

O brien & O brien 3 1/2 inch deep # 8 lid fits it. New to this site, first post, not sure what the heck I’m doing. Bear with me I have photos, may need some help.
  2. K

Help Identifying a Dutch Oven.

I came across this item and have not had any luck finding the maker. I am hoping someone out there can help me. It is cast iron enamel and holds about 7 cups.
  3. D

Cast Iron Hardwick Stove Co Clevland Tenn Tea Kettle

I have a beautiful cast iron hardwick stove co clevland tenn Tea Kettle w/ Info on lid. I can't find any that have sold online since its fairly Rare. Any info appreciated Daniel xxxxxxxxx
  4. C

Help Identifying These Cast Iron Pans!!!

Hello, I recently picked up this set of cast iron pans with no markings on the pans other than the stripes on the lid and the same stripes that follow down the body of the pans. Can anybody help? https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/13/4a/d0/134ad0fc2c9a616d3b87736337c522e5.jpg
  5. W

Do you know Fraters cast iron pot info?

I am having trouble finding any info on this maker. Do you happen to know anything about Fraters? Small melting pot 5" x 4" tall. Much appreciated
  6. D

Sand molded footed cauldron pot with lid more info

have been told it was "sand molded", current owner paid $100 over 20 years ago, I am trying to find a fair value for it. currently she is asking $250 I have several photos any help with any thoughts on this item would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance sorry not sure why photo...
  7. D

ID Wagnerware Tea Pot

I have a new (rusty old) Wagner Ware Teapot I am trying to ID. I have searched the last few days for ways to date this item, but am unable to find much info for the teapot series. I have attached a photo of a similar one that I found on eBay. The markings and style are identical. There...
  8. E

Number 10 Gate Mark Cast Iron Pan

Hello! I'd love some help identifying this pan. It has no information about the manufacturer. There is a gate mark, a heat ring, and a raised number 10 on the handle. I bought this at an antique store for $20. The inside of the pan is smooth, though there are some scratches. The outside and...
  9. A

Help identify a 19 bd Montmartre Paris iron cast plaque

Hello, I'm trying to identify a broken piece off an iron cast stove or heater or fireplace, presumably French. The two broken pieces read "GRA[F]" maybe, and possibly "ING rs 19 bd Montmartre, Paris". That's "19 Boulevard Montmartre". If I'm reading it correctly "ING rs" (raised) might be an...
  10. R

Help with a few unmarked pieces?

My unmarked skills are not as sharp as I would like to believe. Having trouble identifying some skillets. The pieces in question: (1) Bottom - Top Will probably never know on this one.. (2) Bottom - Top This one either.. (3) Bottom - Top Unmarked Vollrath?? No sideways number...
  11. J

Can anyone tell me anything about this pan?

I found this old pan in an antique store in Mississippi. It is 12" across and 4 " deep small faint V mark on the bottom and 5 notches on the bottom edge close to the handle. I have searched the net for some time now and have come up empty handed as to what it is and from when. I have had...
  12. D

BSR Chef Skillet..???

I saw an interesting chef skillet in a neighboring town yesterday . Sorry I didn't take pic, but marking at 6 o'clock was 10 CHEF , maybe a dash in between, but definatley had ridge on underside of handle like BSR, and solid heat ring. If anyone knows anything about a possible BSR chef...
  13. E

The Mercury Myth and other such things

How the internet wires got crossed-up about mercury and other things contaminating cast iron. Evaporation of mercury happens at any temperature when mercury is liquid. At normal air pressure, mercury is liquid between -38.83 °C and 356.73 °C. The colder it is the slower it evaporates. If you...
  14. S

Sheldon 10in and Cannon plate/stand

estate sale find the sheldon pan looks to have never been used; the mfg mark, Sheldon and Co, 10 in is on side the second part of find is a "plate" approx 10 in in diameter, with an extended "grasp" with an opening; above the opening it is marked "cannon" the third part is the stand on which...
  15. K

New from upstate NY

Hi all. I've been partner to an avid collector, and have inherited his hoard. I found this site by looking up foundries while searching a mark on a match holder. Glad to be here. Recently started cleaning and identifying many cookware pieces too.
Back