cleaning

1. J

Lye bath

How long will a lye bath stay effective? Can it be rejuvenated by adding additional lye if it loses it ability to take off seasoning?
  2. A

What to Do Now?

We got a dutch oven at a church tag sale. It says DO and a 10 on it. I am trying to clean it. It had crud, so I did the oven cleaner for about 5 days. We squirted it off, and let it dry. Now it is covered in light rust, but wasn't before. What step next? Vinegar? I appreciate your help...
  3. N

I got my new Etank up and running last night

With a few items from Tractor Supply I had the new tank up and running in an hour or so. I can do at least 6 pieces at once now.
  4. D

Help a newbie out!

Hi everyone! I finally found a great deal at a flea market on (what I hope is) a vintage cast iron pan. I was so excited to begin using it, but I'm already running into problems which is bumming me out :( I'm hoping one of you experts will pick this thread up and be able to point me in the...
  5. B

BETTER Stainless Steel Scouring Pads- where to buy

After looking everywhere locally, and finding nothing but the wimpy over-priced 3M brand stainless scouring puffs I finally found the heavy duty scrubbers I was looking for. These things get rid of rust and stains quickly and with much less elbow grease, and you can process 5 or more pans before...
Back