Pan ID? Skinny handle w/raised #7, no breaks in heat ring

RustyP

I picked this up a few weeks ago. It's a really nice pan - light, super smooth inside and out, big spouts, flat... Unfortunately, the bottom has eroded away, presumably sulfur-pitted from use on early stoves.

Any idea what this thing is? I saw that some early Lodge pans had a raised #, but there are no breaks in the heat ring, and I don't see any examples of pans with this skinny handle / giant teadrop hole.

CameraZOOM-20150211132637741.jpg

CameraZOOM-20150211132835038.jpg

CameraZOOM-20150207243009272.jpg

CameraZOOM-20150228044527945.jpg

CameraZOOM-20150228044620835.jpg

The earlier Lodges with the raised number on the handle generally did not have breaks in the heat ring. They're referred to as "no notch". That's what you've got here. Too bad about the pitting, but still a good find if you got it on the cheap.

Nice skillet RustyP and very clean. I thought you might find it interesting to see this skillet with #7 on the handle and heat ring similar to yours. I've always guessed it to be a Lodge, but am not sure. Does anyone has any information or better guesses than mine?

The only thing that really looks like Lodge on that one is the raised 7. The handle and the pour spouts are wrong. The heat ring looks too prominent and too far inset (compare to OP). And I've not seen & used for a molder's mark.

That said, still a nice looking piece :)

I follow what you said. The raised 7 and the raised & in the 6 o'clock location had me thinking Lodge. The & mark is the main reason I bought it because it seemed unique. Thanks for taking a look!

Back