First Seasoning Attempt ~

I know everyone seasons differently but here is how i do it.

Warm pan in 350 degree oven, wipe with your choice of oily product, place in oven for 10 minutes, wipe pan dry, increase temp to 450 (400 is perfectly fine), leave for 1 hour, pull pan out and re wipe with oil while hot and repeat process until pan looks like you want it to.

Some people season at 350 and some at 500, some people use all organic non gmo olive oil and some people use bacon grease. I may be the only person who doesnt invert the pan. I figure if i dont wipe it good enough it will be splotchy either way and its easier to grab when its right side up. Watch a lot of YouTube videos and read a lot of peoples suggestions here and then form your own way of doing it.

Happy cooking!

Thanks Robert, having seasoned a few CI skillets in my time, that is as straight-forward an answer I as have ever heard. I am by no means an "expert" and many of my pieces come out a bit splotchy, but I don't mind as once they're in use they will season themselves. Many folks think there is some sort of secret "correct" way, as you point out it's oil and heat and work it until you find what method is best for you.:icon_thumbsup:

Back