Griswold 665 Breakfast Skillet

MDFraley

This jewel was purchased in El Paso on the return trip with Bonnie Scott from her Round Top visit. Somehow I managed to grab it before she could get her hands on it. I've given it a light lye bath and very little scrubbing and one coat of seasoning. It will take its place on my display rack and hopefully remain there unless Bonnie pays another visit and I may have to hide it during that time.
First one I've ever found in the wild and may never see one again.
http://imgur.com/a/hlH8G
Image Image

Michael, I am sure I would have spotted it had I not been distracted by the Large Logo Griswold #10 deep skillet that came home with me. If you are going to hide anything it should be that Wagner Skillet oven. That's the one that has my interest. :chuckle:

Thanks Bonnie for the warning. That WW is not going anywhere.
Not sure what happened to the images that I posted from IMGUR but believe me that breakfast skillet doesn't look anything like those two pics on this thread.
Thought I would just add that Wapak #6 skillet to this thread since Bonnie thought it was an Indian Head piece. It's just a regular skillet but still for $12 it sure was a surprise on how it cleaned up. I also included that $5 WW waffle iron that I will now need to turn a set of handles for on my lathe and find a base for.
http://imgur.com/a/syCDJ

Michael, that circle of crud on the bottom of that Wapak sure looked like it might have been covering an Indian head. Does it sit flat now that you cleaned that off. Nice work on that WI, that was super rusty. :icon_thumbsup:

Michael, that circle of crud on the bottom of that Wapak sure looked like it might have been covering an Indian head. Does it sit flat now that you cleaned that off. Nice work on that WI, that was super rusty. :icon_thumbsup:

It does sit flat and besides the few chink marks in the middle of the cooking surface it is very smooth. Maybe a few more rounds of seasoning or just cooking it will smooth out that middle section. Only reason I hesitated buying it was I was afraid there were cracks under all that crud. Thanks to you it came home to me.

... that circle of crud on the bottom of that Wapak sure looked like it might have been covering an Indian head.
For future reference just remember that Wapak Indian head skillets have a unique handle that makes them readily identifiable no matter how much crud is on bottom of skillet.

You're quiet right Jeff and both Bonnie and I knew it wasn't an Indian Head logo. I was trying to convince the shop owner that because of all the crud that I was taking a chance on the purchase of it being cracked. Think the price listing may have been $20 but after a few points I made he dropped to $12. I could see it was a WAPAK but Bonnie was scared that her $10 #4 lodge may go up because of my bartering.
Thanks for pointing that feature out for other readers.

Bonnie got the #4 Lodge for $10?!? And you got the 655 Griswold breakfast skillet. MDFraley, I want to go cast iron hunting with you one day!

Back