Tecumseh skillet

D_Madden

I know these have come up a few times in the past here. Other than the pitting on the bottom the quality of the casting on this is amazing. I think I read somewhere that Tecumseh used early ERIE pans for their molds... it shows... lots of ERIE characteristics in the handle and spouts.

http://imgur.com/a/DX09H

i have never seen one of these before, so i went to the foundry database and seen that indeed they were made in Tecumseh, MI, only 10-15 miles from me. I'd really like to find one of these now! Anyone have anymore info on the foundry like years of operation or possible location?

Jeffrey,

I bet the local library in Tecumseh has at least some of the information you're looking for. The foundry could even still be there, repurposed as something else. Might be worth a stop the next time you're out CI hunting in that vicinity.

It possibly could be still there thats why I was curious. I know there are a lot of manufacturing buildings over there, and a lot of them were used or built by Tecumseh Products. I'll have to do some more research

It possibly could be still there thats why I was curious. I know there are a lot of manufacturing buildings over there, and a lot of them were used or built by Tecumseh Products. I'll have to do some more research

when you find something let us know... my searches only come up with a few examples... one redditor on /r/castiron posted a couple of threads about the Tecumseh skillets she had found and what little info she could dig up.

Oddly enough, at the auction no one seemed to want it... the auction people included it in a bunch of 5 or 6 other skillets and did the bidding for choice. I was the high bidder at $10... and took two skillets, this one and one of the odd gate marked 'fancy handle' ones that I seem to be finding a lot of recently.

when you find something let us know... my searches only come up with a few examples... one redditor on /r/castiron posted a couple of threads about the Tecumseh skillets she had found and what little info she could dig up.

Oddly enough, at the auction no one seemed to want it... the auction people included it in a bunch of 5 or 6 other skillets and did the bidding for choice. I was the high bidder at $10... and took two skillets, this one and one of the odd gate marked 'fancy handle' ones that I seem to be finding a lot of recently.

care to show a pic of the fancy handled pan?

care to show a pic of the fancy handled pan?

there are pics at the bottom of this album that I posted last week or so about 'mystery pans'
http://imgur.com/a/JWicX

I bought two #8's which are in that album... one of which has a pretty bad crack at the handle... but I got them both for $10... then at the saturday auction I bought a #7 of the same style... raised or elevated handle, outline detail in the teardrop on the opening... gate marked and molders marks. I bought a similar one last night, that is being cleaned up right now... same handle design, gate mark etc... #7... but only one pour spout. My understanding is that the single pour spouts are even older than the double spouts.

there are pics at the bottom of this album that I posted last week or so about 'mystery pans'
http://imgur.com/a/JWicX

I bought two #8's which are in that album... one of which has a pretty bad crack at the handle... but I got them both for $10... then at the saturday auction I bought a #7 of the same style... raised or elevated handle, outline detail in the teardrop on the opening... gate marked and molders marks. I bought a similar one last night, that is being cleaned up right now... same handle design, gate mark etc... #7... but only one pour spout. My understanding is that the single pour spouts are even older than the double spouts.

Re the pan with JP on the back--I posted a similar one a while back, and Doug said it had the characteristics that some attribute to possible Blacklock--(look under ID-ing no name iron/Lodge; I can't copy and paste on this pad). Your #7 JP seems to have those characteristics.

Anyone please correct me if I've misspoken as I am a newbie know-nothing!

Re the pan with JP on the back--I posted a similar one a while back, and Doug said it had the characteristics that some attribute to possible Blacklock--(look under ID-ing no name iron/Lodge; I can't copy and paste on this pad). Your #7 JP seems to have those characteristics.

Anyone please correct me if I've misspoken as I am a newbie know-nothing!

The raised 7 & raised 8 were bought together and have the same characteristics... except that the 7 has that raised 'JP' molders mark. The 8 has absolutely nothing on the bottom.. but they have the same spouts and handle and outside heat ring. Here are some pics, post cleanup, with 1 coat of seasoning.
http://imgur.com/a/WAMc1

I collect Tecumseh cookware and have never been able to find out anymore info than you guys already have. Tecumseh's made a pretty big line of cookware. An interesting note is that I've seen Wapaks with Tecumseh ghosts!!!

Back