Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > Recipe File

Notices

Recipe File Share Your Favorite Cast Iron and Other Recipes

Old 07-03-2017, 08:55 PM

Default Lamb Shoulder Chop with Roasted Parsnip, Turnip...

Used ol' wobbly spinner Griswold 9 (chops) and Lodge 10 (root vegs).

Applied marinade as pictured (4 hrs.). Seared the chops (med. high ...3 min. each side) then moved to oven (convection roast at 400 degrees) x 10 min. . Bride requested "no red/pink" so pulled at internal 180 degree (well). Also , simultaneously roasted some skilleted parsnip and turnip . The mashed potato are small reds with skin left on... served with chilled Cabernet. Prep time 30 min. / cook time 40 min. total .

What I'd do different...

- the "sear" was too smoke filled..... probably will do at a lower temp next time. Fans did little to disperse... I was coughing.
-at the last minute I thought I'd throw some store bought "Greek" seasoning on the Parsnip/Turnips.... way too salty. Will make our own next time... salt free - cubed the Parsnip/Turnips too small ....will leave them larger next time.
-in roasting the root veggies.... oil is your friend.... I should probably use more than I poured.
-convection roasting is so efficient, I'll lower the temp. 25 degrees next time.
-the Lamb chops ran about $6.25/chop... probably will wait to find them on sale next time.

The Lamb was tender, moist, and, not overwhelmingly "Lamb" tasting. Bride approved.

*** the wobbly spinner Griswold was an easy clean up .... just wipe out.

Charles
http://imgur.com/a/LJV9a
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2017, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Lamb Shoulder Chop with Roasted Parsnip, Turnip...

Playing a little catch up in the recipe section today and I will say those chops look good.
Sometimes when I have the time or in the mood I'll make a sauce with the pan drippings. It depends what I have on hand and what strikes me at the moment.
Maybe deglaze with a little red wine then a touch of stock and butter and a smige of heavy cream?
Well now I'm hungry and off to the kitchen to see what I can make for dinner.

Charles what do parsnips and turnips taste like in a round about way? I've never had them that I can recall. Always something new to try, I never had okra till I moved to Texas. I had it all the ways you can make it but still not fan.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:14 PM
Site Admin

Also doing a little catch up on the recipe forum, and would add a reminder to review the notice at top. Posts in this section should adhere to those parameters (i.e. be in traditional recipe format), and not be just a play-by-play/review or photo album of something cooked.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:28 PM

Hi Charles,

That plate of food looks really good! Now I'm hungry again!! Thanks for sharing!!

Cheers!!..Eldon