Help with Identifying Gate Marked(?) Skillet

Lisa B.

Hi. Growing up on a family farm, I learned to cook on cast iron and have never used anything else. Didn’t ever give much thought to the manufacturer or history of my pans until we opened a vintage shop several years ago (I couldn’t say what company made my old trusties at home because they are seasoned perfectly and I would hate to lose that season by cleaning the years off...).
Now that we have our shop I come across so many old skillets, etc., I am trying to learn about all the different pans out there. I’ve set up a lye bath and love seeing what is under all the crud when they come out and can usually identify them once clean.. I am really enjoying it.
I’m curious about this one, and can’t seem to find much about it, hoping someone here can provide some insight.
It is very light weight, appears to be gate marked, has a non notched heat ring, and is marked with a blocky number 7 and “TB.” The handle has lots of excess iron (seepage from casting?).
Any thoughts on this skillet? Thank you.
Ps I don’t think al my attachments loaded. Learning curve I guess.

Attachments

• 0DAF1C83-6DB2-4152-BFF1-452ACC64851D.jpg
    0DAF1C83-6DB2-4152-BFF1-452ACC64851D.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 47
I figured as much, but hoped that since it was marked with raised letters someone with more experience than I might have some insight.

I agree....no way to tell how made it, but look at the bright side.....just think of all the meals it has cooked in the 100 plus years since it was made. Thats one reason I LOVE Cast Iron! Oh...and welcome to the Forums!

Back