CI woks

JudyKonopka

This isn't antique CI - I bought it about 10 years ago. I just found it (I had it stored away) and forgot how beautiful it was. I have two (a Smaller Le Creuset one too). Bought it at a Chinese grocery store.
4d10c1255f57663aab4003787b35a63b.jpg
f3df2cb49e790221fe2d2b905d348e0c.jpg

I picked up a Lodge wok a few months ago. I cleaned it up, seasoned it, but haven't used it yet. I love my dutch oven too much. Give us some recipes in the "Cooking In Cast Iron" or "Recipe File" forums for us to try.

IMG-4303,medium.1423033830.jpg
IMG-4304,medium.1423033836.jpg

I picked up a Lodge wok a few months ago. I cleaned it up, seasoned it, but haven't used it yet. I love my dutch oven too much. Give us some recipes in the "Cooking In Cast Iron" or "Recipe File" forums for us to try.

I've got two of those, Rick, one at home, the other at camp. I seasoned them with scallion oil (made with peanut oil) and they both turned into black beauties. I've only used them to make a stir fry that usually includes peppers, onions, mushrooms, pea pods & broccoli plus whatever I'm using for meat, usually strips of pork or beef. I start by cooking the meat some, then add the veggies and more scallion oil if needed. I have a glass #8 DO lid I put over my food to hasten the cooking but it's not needed for long. Comes out great every time. The beauty of a wok like this is about any spare lid will work, and the heavy, flat base keeps it from rolling off.
Got to agree with you on the Dutch oven though, they're a favorite of mine. I use them more than any of my other small (but growing) ci inventory.

I'm not a big vegetable person, but making stews, chili, etc.. I end up browning meat quite often. I think next time it's the woks turn.

I'm not opposed to stir fry, and I like it when I have it, I just never think to cook it. We have an Asian fish/vegetable market near by, and I think I'll gather the ingredients for some stir fry and give the ol' wok a work out.

Back