Martin skillet

FarrahMcGuire

Hello! I am completely new to all of this, so I don't know if I've attached the photos correctly. :)

I've recently began collecting cast iron and I am in love with it! Thank you for this site so full of great info. I had a question about a Martin skillet (Hamburger Logo) that I have and I can't seem to find anything about it. I assume it must be a skillet/lid combo because it has a rim/lip around the top of it similar to a lid, but it is a skillet. It is a #8. Any Martin collectors know what this goes to?

IMG_1414.jpg IMG_1416.jpg

This would be the top to a double skillet set, where the cover also functions as a separate skillet if desired. First one I've seen, not sure if the RB shows one or not.

I suppose it should, ones with the same logo, anyway. Some of the later three-notch/block logo, maybe not. Some of those were made by Lodge using Lodge patterns, it would appear, and since Martin sizing doesn't necessarily match that of others... Or it might only fit a deep skillet, if that is what it was originally paired with, which may or may not have a different top diameter than a regular Martin #8.

The RB, pg. 206, shows the set and says the matching deep skillet does not have a heat ring. The top of the handle also has the V-shaped recess with the 8 raised. The photos do not show if the bottom of the deep skillet also has the hamburger logo.

Thanks for looking that up for me! Does it say what the name of the set is called? I'm new here and I don't even know what RB is??? :)

Back