How Far from Home.?.?.?

AaronM

So, not how far have you traveled for a piece of CI, but how far did the CI travel to find you?
I found a MClary’s No. 8 at a goodwill in central Texas this week. I have never owned one, so if the price was right (for me), it was coming home. Listed for 9$, but it was 1/2 off Tuesday, so I paid $4.50. It is in great shape, except for the sticky grease...
That would be 1499 miles from London, Ontario, ����. If the CI and the miles could tell a story.
I do not own any CI from overseas so I’m not including anything that was sent in a freighter on a boat, to a celebrity chef, etc.

1285CEB8-B2BC-4BC2-965F-6B89D6C993B1.jpg

Last edited:
I have some Chinese junk, does that count lol. Excluding my European enameled cast iron, my Vollrath pieces would probably be the furthest from Georgia. Mileage unknown.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

I have some Chinese junk, does that count lol. Excluding my European enameled cast iron, my Vollrath pieces would probably be the furthest from Georgia. Mileage unknown.
883 miles per Google. I had a griddle made in Mexico, but gifted it.

I picked up some skillets in Foley, Alabama last year while on vacation and brought them back to indiana. So 735 miles. I did not go there specifically for the iron though.

I ordered a vintage Le Creuset 30cm pan from Australia - I live in Ottawa, Ontario - so pretty far. Google says it's 15,854 km.

Just found the same exact Mc Clary skillet at the local flea Market yesterday. Paid more for mine that you did($15), but this is my first Canadian piece and also the first McClary of my collection.

Back