values

CPorter

I am worried that I may be paying to much for my skillets so I would like some opinions on my finds. I went to the flea market this morning and found these... griswold #3 lb epu and griswold #6 lb epu already clean payed 50 for both, a #9 national for 10, a favorite #8 with great casting for 22. Did I over pay? Thanks for your advice.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bday06041975/

The pluses are the #3 Griswold LBL has the heat ring (BB $30-35), making it a bit more desirable than the same in smooth bottom. (I'm assuming the #3 LBL HR is the one you just got.) #6 smooth LBL BB $25-35. That is a great old block Favorite, I have a #12 smiley that was made from a modified older block logo pattern, and it is indeed a fine casting, like an old Erie. I would have looked at the $22 price tag and assumed I could bargain it down to $20. I'd say it's worth more like $35 cleaned up. $10 is really not too much for an older, heat-ringed #9 anything. Considering you didn't have to pay shipping, you found these all in one place, and if nothing's cracked, pitted or warped, I'd say you did alright, maybe in some respects better than alright.

Thanks for you input, those were the negotiated prices, they were asking on average 5 to 10 dollars more for each.

Back