Use your # 14

Oh yes! :glutton: I don't have a #14, but I have #10 Wagner...still can make a little smaller pizza and fry chicken/fish with it though. BTW, I found #11 Griswold, but that is another thread.

CJ, my former wife fried all 8 pieces at once in our #7 BSR skillet. Listened and turned the heat down after the chicken got warm. Less shortening, perfect fried chicken. I can't do it, so I use the #7 BSR chicken fryer.

Hilditch

First you grow up poor in a rural South family of 5 where your #7 was your big skillet. Next you cooked a 2 1/2 lb. +/- chicken. Lastly she was cookin’ not lookin’. Turning the pieces often with a lot of on end/side cooking. Amazingly it came out looking like KFC.

I bet her mama could have fried a whole flock of chicken wings at once!

Hilditch

First you grow up poor in a rural South family of 5 where your #7 was your big skillet. Next you cooked a 2 1/2 lb. +/- chicken. Lastly she was cookin’ not lookin’. Turning the pieces often with a lot of on end/side cooking. Amazingly it came out looking like KFC.

I bet her mama could have fried a whole flock of chicken wings at once!

Hilditch

Reminding me of my grandmothers frying chicken when I was a kid! They lived in rural areas and had their own chicken coop. Study supply of chicken and eggs too! :glutton:

Btw > http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/pan-pizza-video

Another good use for your #14 is the Scalloped Scallops Hors d’oeuvres. The recipe is in the Recipe File below. This will get you started.

Hilditch

Back