BSR Question

LL Mixon

I am really new to the hobby but I am become fascinated with the workmanship of cast iron and the beauty of the pieces. Griswold and Wagner make some amazing pieces but I am thinking about focusing my collection on pieces forged in the South (BSR, Martin, ect.)

How do you tell the Red Mountain from Early Century in BSR?

... focusing my collection on pieces forged in the South (BSR, Martin, ect.)

Good call. Better quality. Cheaper price.

Well, the "better quality" statement is personal opinion (based on many years ... uh, ok, maybe only a few weeks ... of research), but the "cheaper" part is undeniable.

I have two earlier BSR skillets I really like and I don't have any plans on turning them loose any time soon :) I do like the way they perform and one of the best bangs for the buck.

It was until recently I finally figured out what type of brand and time period I want to put together of a scaled down set of. I'll probably be less picky on what type of DO or WI and a few other things.

Steve,

Picked up a couple of pieces for the wife for Christmas today. There seems to be number of good pieces at a couple of flea markets and antique stores around but their prices seem really high.

There's nothing wrong w/ BS&R, they just don't have the cool logo, so prices are usually low. I have several and the #8 is my favorite. I actually have 3 #8 BS&Rs so I must like them...

Back