Combo Cooker

MDFraley

Looked at this piece for 6 months hanging from a rack in a local store. Passed on it each time. Monday I bought it for $23 which may have been a mistake. I can't seem to put a maker on this piece even after days of research. I owe thanks to KevinE for trying to help with a link to WAGS which there was detail discussions regarding a Blankenship piece (Pat. # US2199687) found in our CIC resources. I also did some comparisons to the John C. Johnson (Pat. # USD 91487) also found in our CIC resources.
I'm thinking this is the broiler section of a 3-piece combo cooker but the double loop assist handle doesn't resemble either the Blankenship or the John C Johnson designs or likes there of found on eBay.
I did notice this evening after seasoning there was a large block letter "A" on the bottom located at 12 o'clock opposite the handle but it would not show in the pics.
If someone knows anything other than what I've already researched would you be so kind to reply back to this post.
I actually thought it might be associated with WAPAK because of the assist handle design but there again nothing to account for.

I see small pour spouts vs. large. Does anyone remember if this indicates older or newer?
It doesn't really apply to these like it does with 20th century skillets.

Collecting these CCs can be maddening. Must be why I don't. AFAIK, none of the Johnson cooker pieces have spouts. Apparently, there are pieces to some of these which fit nicely into others not by the same maker which also adds to the confusion. I have seen the piece in the OP with that handle, but not who might have made it.

Back