Matt. S.

Anyone have some info on this BSR Red Mountain Series enameled cook wear?
I've acquired 3 pieces. Size 8 & 5 skillets & a 7 stick cornbread piece.

Any links to websites, or a link to a good Birmingham Stove & Range (BSR) thread would be much appreciated.

Also, this is my first post on this forum. I'm new to cast iron cooking, and have fell head over heals with it.

Thanks !

Attachments

• 7431[1].jpg
    7431[1].jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 7432[1].jpg
    7432[1].jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 58
Welcome to the forum. As I understand it, BSR did not enamel any of their CI, but some third party did as there seems to be quite a bit of it out there. This is the best source of BSR info I am aware of. There used to be a BSR FB group, but I don't think it's active anymore.

http://www.modemac.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Birmingham_Stove_and_Range

Kevin, is it possible a third party enameled over some BSR pans? Just wondering if that sort of thing ever happened.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. I Was asking about a large scale commercial operation, such as a company buying up large quantities of pans from a foundry and producing their own branded line of enameled pans.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. I Was asking about a large scale commercial operation, such as a company buying up large quantities of pans from a foundry and producing their own branded line of enameled pans.

I think it had to be a large scale operation. There's just too many out there. I have an olive green #8, and I've seen turquoise, white inside/yellow outside, and white/blue on ebay and in the wild.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Matt and thanks for sharing your pictures. Your speckled pan sent me on a search about speckled cast iron and I came across this pan. In the description the lady says the griddle was refurbished in the 1960's buy a man who refurbished oven interiors. This is something I never considered before.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/197046...ch_query=Speckled cast iron&ref=sr_gallery_22

That's some sweet looking cook wear in the link you posted. Thanks !

Thank you for that link, Bonnie. My #8, much-used skillet is that black and white spatter pattern enamel. I have suspected it to be Wagner from the 1950s, but that was just a guess. The handle is not BSR style. I'm glad to know there is more of it "out there" in the world, but the prices are shocking!

Back