Happy Mistake!!

Bucky Sisson

Bought what was said to be Wagner Sidney O. Got it and realized it was a Sidney hollow ware co. Can't wait to get it cleaned and seasoned. Looks to be in perfect condition.

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 64
This would be a Wagner-made "Sidney".

This had me a little confused, so I went back to the resource pages on this site and looked under Trademarks and Logos. The Sidney Arc Logo is listed under the Sidney Hollow Ware Co. A closer look reveals a footnote that states that these "are considered to be from the period when Wagner owned and produced hollow ware in the former SHW Foundry." I just bought the same skillet yesterday and I'm glad I checked this post out. Learn something new everyday.
http://www.castironcollector.com/trademarks.php

Thought this was show and tell not ask a question. I'm not saying it wasn't made under Wagner control but that it's not marked Wagner and pan is older and not what I thought. May be new to this forum but not CI get off your horses.:icon_scratchchin:

Thought this was show and tell not ask a question. I'm not saying it wasn't made under Wagner control but that it's not marked Wagner and pan is older and not what I thought. May be new to this forum but not CI get off your horses.:icon_scratchchin:
I hope my post didn't offend. If you look closely, you can see I quoted Doug's response and was simply stating that I found the information he was offering very interesting. I don't believe the intent was to imply you didn't know what you had, but rather to help everyone on this site to learn something from your post. For what it's worth, I think that's an awesome find you made, and couldn't be happier for you. Thanks for sharing.

No one's on any horses here. Wagner-made "Sidney" is not, as you stated, Sidney Hollow Ware Co. Same physical foundry facility, but not the same manufacturer, and not Wagner operating as SHWC.

I've adjusted the trademarks page so as to clarify and better illustrate which logos/markings belonged to whom and where the block "Sidney" mark falls in the Wagner timeline.

Doug D, thanks for the revision to the Sidney/Wagner info. on the trademarks page. I live in a part of the country where products from that source proliferate, and have several pieces of CI with various "Wagner"-made brand marks. That company had a particularly complex history at its beginning, so the clarification is much appreciated. It helps to date the pans, for sure.

Back