Printers Block

MDFraley

One of the things I purchased from my recent road trip besides cast iron was a box of printers blocks. I was in hopes of finding the Griswold block shown on p. 218 of the BB but there wasn't any after looking through almost 100 pieces.
I did find one piece that got my interest of which I'd like to share. It has no name so I'm thinking it was used for general newspaper adds for various companies. It's very old and still works...I tried it. This one seems to have been made from Zinc. My research indicates that copper, zinc & rubber were the main materials used by the old newspaper companies.
http://imgur.com/a/R88Nu

Michael, that block is on page 213. I never thought to look for that before. That's a good reason to check the small stuff at the antique stores. I like the stamp you found.

Bonnie....You're absolutely correct. I've had a busy day trying to get the rest of those pans I found on my road trip seasoned and I just now had time to set down for a rest. Thanks for the correction. You're also correct in overlooking such small things as that. We tend to have our brain trained to looking for big pieces of CI and the small stuff doesn't register even looking right at it.

Back