New Member-Cast Iron question....

John Solis

Hi Everybody,

I am new to the site, joined today. I have a few cast iron in my collection. Most of them are Griswold. I bought a Dutch Oven yesterday, with a name I never heard of before. Its a nice one. I paid 5 bucks for it. I was hoping someone can tell my some information on it. I can't seem to find anything on it. I am not sure if its rare-a dime of dozen-knock off-how much they are worth. All my research led me to this site. Here are a few pictures of it. Any info would really be appreciated. Thank you...

John

Attachments

• IMG_7516.jpg
    IMG_7516.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7517.jpg
    IMG_7517.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7515.jpg
    IMG_7515.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 26
John, you have yourself another Griswold piece. BEST MADE was Sears' trade name and SR&Co is Sears Robuck & Co. They contracted with Griswold to make much of their iron cookware for them in the 20s and part of the 1930s. Other Sears' trade names you will see on Griswold made iron, also going into the 1930s, are Puritan and Merit. Favorite also made Puritan cookware for Sears but theirs will not have the always present pattern numbers that Griswold pieces will have after c.1891. Nice pot and not at all common.

Of course, now your problem will be spending the rest of your life trying to find the matching p/n 1265 trivet. :rolleyes:

Back