Finally

I know this probably isn't an awesome "find" to some people, but I was sooo happy to finally find one. I do NOT shop on line because it gives me the chance to go out and actually meet people and listen to stories. Kinda more personal for me. I have never been able to find one until last weekend.

I am super happy.

Attachments

• 20150702_132830.jpg
    20150702_132830.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20150702_132836.jpg
    20150702_132836.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 71
Nattalie,
I was hoping this thread would get some comments. I found one just like it three weeks ago at a yard sale and wounded if I would use it. My thoughts were would it be hard to clean and what would be the best way to clean it after using it. My old vintage skillets are smooth and clean easy.

The one I found looked like it was only used once and washed and not re-oiled. It was very rusty on grill ribs, other than that it looked new. I think that's why it was $3 and in the yard sale. Maybe their thought was the factory seasoning was was some kind of Teflon ?

Well I stripped the factory coating off and cleaned the rust out of it and reseasoned it. But haven't used it yet. Maybe some of the Guys and Gals here can share some tips and tricks with these skillets.

I have run across one so far. It was a good price, but my thoughts turned to "will I use it" and "how hard will it be to clean after use". With help from my wife, the main cook, I passed on it. I have passed on old waffle irons for the same reason too.

As for an "awsome find", any time I find an item "in the wild" that I have been wanting, its an awsome find. When we first got started, we wanted a large skillet. My wife found a Lodge Logic 10sk, high fives and heck yeahs. She smiled all day. It's what makes the hunt so fun.

Thanks for the comments.....I wondered the same thing about the "cleaning" of it, but I figured with good seasoning surely cant be that bad. I have the lodge double sided griddle and it is not bad to clean...just a little big to take out sometimes....so I figured this would be about the same to clean. Once I get her all cleaned up and seasoned and used....I will surely let you know how it went!!

Back