ID Wagnerware Tea Pot

D Amidon

I have a new (rusty old) Wagner Ware Teapot I am trying to ID. I have searched the last few days for ways to date this item, but am unable to find much info for the teapot series.

I have attached a photo of a similar one that I found on eBay. The markings and style are identical. There aren't any markings on the bottom, or anywhere else. Only the top. Of the Wagner Teapots I have found, I can find 2 different styles of markings, with and without the "MADE IN USA" - "SIDNEY OHIO". This one is without the extra markings.

Any help to date this item would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 44
I just received my red and blue books yesterday. they are very informative.
According to the RB and what i have read, this is a repro made between 1970 and 1990.

I may be wrong as the RB states "made in usa" as a marking.

Whatever it is, it's a nice looking teapot!

By the way, I see teapots in almost every antique store. Do any of y'all actually use them?

I just received my red and blue books yesterday. they are very informative.
According to the RB and what i have read, this is a repro made between 1970 and 1990.

I may be wrong as the RB states "made in usa" as a marking.
Scott,
I am not sure what the red and blue books are. Please let me know. As to the markings, "Made in USA" would indeed be a marking, but this teapot does not have them (take a look at the top of enclosed picture) which leads me to believe it was produced between 1922 and 1959. However, I was hoping to narrow that date down a little ;>)

I'll look the red and blue books up. Thanks for the tip, and the reply.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Whatever it is, it's a nice looking teapot!

By the way, I see teapots in almost every antique store. Do any of y'all actually use them?

I don't use them, but if you google cast iron tea pots, you will get many modern hits. Thanks.

Spurgeon, no for me. Although many are used for humidifiers, they are not user friendly for daily drinking use.

Hilditch

Back