Can't identify this skillet.

CA Carter

I'm a newbie to the group and very happy to be here. I have a beautiful eleven inch skillet that belonged to my mom but it has no markings. It has a ribbed handle with a distinct reinforced triangular lobe shape where the handle meets the pan. There is a reinforced lip around the pan and it has an outside heat ring. The only marking on it is an indent in the center of the outside bottom of the pan. Any thoughts about it would be greatly appreciated.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Scott,
I seem to be having trouble attaching pics. Don't know if this will work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 76
Unmarked Wag. I have been reading the links on this site and based on the handle and flange where it connects to the skillet. My guess

There's really nothing that indicates Wagner, who didn't appear to ever use that distinct reinforced handle shape on their early skillets, unless it was one for which they used an Erie to make the pattern. Which is what I would call this pan-- someone's copy using a partial-rib 2nd series Erie as a pattern or as the basis of one. It's hard to say how far back Wagner started producing unmarked pieces, but they would have at least had a size number on it, on the bottom at 6 o'clock for the time frame this design falls.

Back